Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I burnt my hands on my steering wheel..

definitely a day to try this...

      After being in class, I came out to my car to find it hotter than a sauna and seats so scalding I had to put a towel on my seat. Of course, I didn't think about how hot the steering wheel would be, I was literally steering with the tips of my fingers. The temperature today is "95, feels like 105," I think it may even feel hotter than that! 
      Well, after driving home in my very own sauna, I needed a refreshing energy booster. You know how the heat can dwindle you energy. So what is better than a yummy green juice, I always crave them, especially in the heat. Cucumber is probably my favorite for a really hot day and cilantro, but I just wanted to use the things in my refrigerator.  
      Now, at my house we always have about 5 heads of kale for juicing so i pull out a few kale leaves, and a bunch of other miscellaneous vegetables. It was the perfect pick me up on a hot day and tasted amazing! I just wanted to post the recipe for this lovely "green lemonade."

3 or 4 kale leaves
lots of chinese cabbage
the end of some bibb lettuce 
1 carrot with greens
half lemon
3 baby cucumbers

and if you want it a little sweeter you could add half an apple or so! If you had it a little sweeter some ginger would also be delicious in it.

I always put my juice in a glass that makes me feel sophisticated or happy to drink out of, for me it's a stemless wine glass or a mason jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment