Tuesday, June 15, 2010

a few nuggets about cabbage and lemon juice


         I'm obsessed with lemons. I think that they make everything taste better. I literally use them in almost all of my recipes. The great thing about it is that they help things keep longer and are also great for you!
         Drinking water with lemon first thing in the morning or before any meal helps stimulate the bile secretion in your stomach and begin your digestion process. They also have lots of bioflavinoids, adding to lemons ability to reduce toxins and cells, and general detoxification. It is helpful in neutralizing body acids and helps your stomach produce HCL, which many of us are deficient in, I'm raising my hand for that one. 

     Cabbage is great for the stomach and the juice is especially helpful in stomach healing. It is most known for its ability to prevent and correct stomach ulcers, which may be due to the glutamine. It is also helpful for hair and skin health, though I do believe that all green juices are especially great for these things. It is packed with Vitamin c, sulphur, Vitamin B6, iodine, and potassium. So if you're having some stomach issues or need a little something to help you go, hit up some cabbage and lemon juice!

1 comment:

  1. Blair! Of course I found your blog, and it's great!!! I think after all those mosquitoes during tennis and yoga today, I should eat some cabbage. See, you are already helping me get b6!

    Amazing Blog!
    Mulloy

    ReplyDelete