Tuesday, July 31, 2012

if you fail to plan, you plan to fail...

Okay, so we all like convenience, that's why so many people eat fast food and go for unhealthy processed foods. But how about creating our own convenience foods! Food prep is something that is so important to keep you on track and eating healthy, especially when going local.

Sometimes, you go to the farmers market and get so many different things, but are unsure how to make a meal out of it. These are a few things that I have made from my goodies that I will have in my fridge and ready to take to work or when I am hungry and don't have time to make a meal.

I roasted up some local veggies to have for the week. These are so delicious and so simple, that it is definitely a go to. I used eggplant, zucchini, squash, tomato, peppers, and green onion. I put pink himalayan salt and truffle olive oil on them.

Here, I wanted to try something a little creative, so I made a slaw. I had purple cabbage and granny smith apples from the farmers market, so I chopped them very finely and then added my non-local ingredients of greek yogurt, lemon, pink himalayan salt, coconut sugar, ground pepper, and a little olive oil. I might go buy a sweet white onion to add to it as well. This is very refreshing, crisp, and crunchy, which I love.

I had a little bit of purple onion in my fridge, so I decided to cut some cucumbers thinly with them, add some salt and raw apple cider vinegar to "pickle" the cucumbers.

I really love the way these came out, so I will definitely be coming back to this recipe. I boiled the butter beans, then added chopped peppers, garlic, and coconut oil. Absolutely delicious!

This is called a sunburst squash! It is in the oven cooking right now and I think I am going to try something a little interesting with it for breakfast in the morning.


EAT LOCAL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment