Sunday, July 22, 2012

extended vacation.

It seems I have taken quite the extended vacation from my blog and I do apologize for neglecting. However, I am starting this welcome back with a challenge, eat as local as possible for the next month! What this means is, buy everything you can from farmers markets, but continue eating what you already have stocked that isn't local.

I plan on starting this tomorrow and I will be updating everything that I eat daily. I have yogurt and other foods that are not local that I have already purchased (these items are at least purchased from a local co-op so the money is going back into the community!), so there will be a few non local things, and every once in a while I may have a treat, but for the most part, I am trying to go at this 110%. For me, I do plan on still incorporating the raw brown rice protein powder (it tastes delicious and is also non-gmo, vegan and gluten free!!) that I already own in my local fruit smoothies because I want a power packed smoothie. I also plan on using spices, raw apple cider vinegar, olive oils, and coconut oils that are not local.

So get your reusable bags out, find out where your local farmers markets are located and what days/times and EAT LOCAL! You won't only be doing your own body good, but the environment will thank you too!


No comments:

Post a Comment