Saturday, July 28, 2012

Visitors, plus you will want this kale chip recipe!!

I have had a couple people visiting me this week so I didn't want to spend time on my phone or computer, so I took a little break from posting all my local eats. Remember to spend time with the people around you and appreciate it. Don't be sucked into all the screens!

I did however take a few pictures that I want to share!

These have been some of my favorite snacks and breakfasts, talk about amazing. I cannot get enough! Asian pears from the farmers market, mmmmm!!

These are a bunch of local veggies that my friend and I roasted up, they were sooo delicious! Red peppers, banana pepper, zucchini, and okra

Okay, so we were so obsessed with the kale chips that they didn't leave the pan and I barely got a picture. You definitely want the recipe for these babies. 
Local Kale with a Local veggie dressing:
Local veggies dressing recipe:
2 garlic cloves
1 tomato
1/2 zucchini
1 red bell pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
pink himalayan salt

I blended this together and tossed the kale in it and put it in the oven on 425, it turned out amazing! Tasted like pizza or marinara. I would definitely use the sauce as a marinara sauce if cooked or dressing if raw.


This was one of my breakfasts with a local peach, greek yogurt mixed with perfect fit protein and a tiny bit of ezekiel sprouted grain cereal for some crunch!

With people visiting we did go out to eat, but we went to the local co-op so that the money was going straight back into the community and much of the food was local. We also went to a local restaurant that uses fresh veggies and seafood. Eat as much local as you can, but it's okay to make exception, just try to make the best choices, like supporting a local restaurant! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment