Monday, July 23, 2012

So many goodies...

It was a great day at the Farmer's market today with quite the selection! I was very excited about the number of heirloom varieties that they offered and almost everything was pesticide free!

Today at the farmers market I was able to get butter beans, kale, collards, purple cabbage, zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, cantaloupe, pears, figs, blueberries, peaches, shrimp, and okra! 

Today's breakfast was a perfect fit protein, local peach, and strawberry smoothie!

Lunch was local bok choy, local cucumber, local pear, carrots, and garbanzo bean salad. I made a dressing with raw apple cider vinegar, cold pressed olive oil, salt, and a little coconut sugar!

Snack time was a local peach, local sprouts, and an over easy local egg! I am obsessed with over easy eggs, sooo yummy and farm fresh! This ended up turning into dinner. I added another egg, a local tomato and some garbanzos. mm!

1 comment:

  1. I love the farmers market too! And my own garden! Doesnt get fresher than picked to table in 30 minutes!

    ReplyDelete