Monday, November 29, 2010

bread pudding.

So they made this as a snack for us all the time in Costa Rica and though I knew it had eggs in it and i usually don't consume those, this was probably my favorite snack. I mean it's got carbs, protein, and some good fats...oh and some sugar, but whole grains help slow it entering your blood stream and cinnamon levels off the blood sugar too, so it's not all that bad, right?

My family was definitely diggin some bread pudding at Thanksgiving and then the dogs had quite the meal with the leftovers. Needless to say, there were some disappointed people, especially George and Sarah White who had been looking forward to it all day. (brother and best friend since kindergarten)
Though it did add some laughter just thinking of the chaos as two massive weimaraners and two small maltese fight over the HUGE pan of bread pudding. I'm talking this could have been a dessert for like 20 people...left some lovely gifts as well.

ANYWAYS! My mother and I decide that we will make some more to appease the cravings going on and of course I insist on making it as healthy as possible. So, though I don't know exacts because really I had no clue what I was doing ( I looked at a bunch of recipes to get a feel for the type of ingredients and amounts, then kind of winged it) these are the ingredients that I used.

Mixed the two of these for the bread;
Sprouted Ezekiel raisin bread
100% whole wheat, organic bread (the ezekiel doesn't get as soft and gooey)
Then I decided to throw in some raw wheat germ

Mixture of ( to be poured on top);
organic, farmers market, range free, hormone free eggs (only the best of the best! ha)
almond milk
coconut oil
cinnamon
nutmeg
vanilla
organic cane sugar (maybe you could do it with honey too?)

No comments:

Post a Comment