Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Day.

It's Thanksgiving, THANKSgiving, I want to reiterate that and what the real meaning and name of this holiday is. It is a day for us to give thanks for everything in our life, not just the turkey on our plates. It has turned into turkey day instead of this day of thanks it was meant to be.

I am thankful for so many things that it would almost be incessant for me to list, but very broadly, I am thankful for...

-All of the people in my life right now; family, friends, teachers, acquaintances, everyone involved in my life.
-Where I am today, where I was yesterday, and where I will be in the future
-The people who used to be part of my life because you have been part of who I am and still are everyday.
-All of the people who will become part of my life today, tomorrow, or in 30 years
-PASSION, TRUTH, LOVE, JOY

So today I wanted to make this holiday less about food and more about life and everything good in it. I am just drinking juice today so that I focus on what I am thankful for and not my belly. It is probably a little inconvenient and weird considering, but I hope it doesn't draw attention because I am doing it for me and not because I want to be the odd one out at our massive southern cooked meal. I hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving and appreciates the love that has been put into all of the food that will be eaten today. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment