Tuesday, December 7, 2010

You changed my life.


I saw your mom tonight and she came up to me and asked if I knew who she was, and of course I did, you guys look so much alike. When I said yes, Morgan's mom, I almost started crying just saying your name. I sent a letter to her telling her how much you changed my life and just what a great person you had always been. Almost 4 years later and she still wanted to thank me for that.

You really changed my life and made me a much better person. Losing you and learning about life, how short it is, and how precious each moment can be, made me a better person. It was one of those moments that I know shaped me and would stay with me for the rest of my life. I was full of fears that held me back from opportunity and I still have fear but I don't let it control me.

I still see your smile and feel your gracious and loving energy. I want people to see me the way that I saw you, the way that you lit up a room with your smile and heart and made people smile and feel good just to be around you. I see you as somewhat of a martyr because the loss of such a beautiful soul woke a lot of people up and made people take a deeper look at their lives. I know you would want us all to be full of joy and not tears, but sometimes I can't help it when I think of how you really aren't here.

No comments:

Post a Comment