Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Trees +CO2

We are getting our tree today and I am so thrilled to have its aroma filling our house. Picking out the tree is one of my favorite things to do and I insist on doing it each year.
When I think of a Christmas tree I love to think of them in the mountains surrounded by thousands of other Christmas trees and covered in snow. They are just so beautiful naturally even without all of the glitz and glam we cover them with, though I must say the decorated tree has always been one of my favorite parts about Christmas.
One way to be "green" with your Christmas tree this year is to try to find one that still has the root intact. It makes me sad to think of all the trees that are being cut down just to give a shelter for our presents. Trees not only absorb CO2 that is dangerous in excess in our atmosphere, but one tree also gives off enough oxygen to support 2 people per year. We need trees to survive and also to help counteract our carbon emissions. So try to find a tree with its root so that you can re-plant it in your yard after adorning it with all of your beautiful ornaments and stringing it with lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment