Friday, July 30, 2010

krazy krackers.


So I'm obsessed with crackers and love making them, but I haven't really been able to make a good vegetable based one. Yesterday I had pulp that I wanted to do something different with and the Renegade Health Show had Abeba on their show making one of her "Krazy Krackers," which ended up being perfect for my pulp. If you don't watch the Renegade Health Show then you should because it is awesome and they give you great, unbiased health information. So here is the recipe that I used from Abeba, The Krazy Kracker Lady, as a basis for my recipe, though I added and substituted based on what I had in the refrigerator. They turned out DELICIOUS!

Abebas Crunchy BBQ Chips

1 1/2 cup water
2 carrots
2 tomatoes
1-2 dates (soaked for 30 mins)
3/4 tsp chili powder
1 celery stalk
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes (soaked 30 mins)
dash of cayenne pepper
nama shoyu sauce or celtic salt to taste
2/3 cup flax seeds (soaked over night)
1/4 to 1/2 beet (optional)


I also dipped onions in this and made onion rings as she says to do which were AMAZING. These chips turned out so delicious I made another huge batch today that I just popped in the dehydator. The recipe I used for these was:

1/4 bunch cilantro
1/2 lemon
cumin
sea salt
1 carrot
2 stalks celery
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
5 dried cherries
1/2 cup soaked flax seeds

This smelled and tasted so good as a mixture, so I'm sure they will be delicious! My mom actually poured some in a bowl for soup before I added the flax she loved it so much. So you can make crackers and a soup at the same time if you really want!

Everyone should look up Abeba, the Krazy Kracker Lady online and watch her videos and possibly buy her books if you're looking for healthy cracker and chip alternatives. I am about to order at least her first two books and i'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment