Sunday, May 8, 2011

no death should be considered a victory.

The death of Osama Bin Laden is all over the news and while I could talk about the courage of those serving our country, or how it saddens me that these hero's are also subject to killing people, or what this means for our country, but honestly it is death and I think this Martin Luther King, Jr. quote my brother in law Scott brought to my attention sums up the event.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment